2020 Necessary Extra Campaign
Please help Inspired Hearts and Hands provide provide the “necessary extra” this holiday season for families in Allegheny and Butler counties that are most in need of our love and encouragement. When we started our effort in 2012, we set out to make sure that no one in our community went without a holiday meal. Since then, our mission and outreach has grown tremendously! What started as a mere 65 food-only baskets is expected to reach more than 600 families in our local community this year.
We believe that this year will be a defining moment. The need that we seek to address is the greatest we’ve faced in all our years. Because of COVID 19 and the direct ramifications of its impact, so many need our love and support more than ever. And yet, we expect that this will be by far our most challenging year for donations. Nonetheless, we are on a mission to provide for as many families as possible this year.
How Can You Help?
We’re offering virtual basket sponsorships this year. If you would like to financially sponsor a basket(s), visit the link below. All proceeds will be used to provide gifts and baskets that include a grocery gift card for purchasing proteins and fresh ingredients as well as all the elements of a traditional holiday meal and celebration. Your generous donation will make a tremendous difference for those needing it most this year.
Please consider hosting a neighborhood, team, or other group food drive. It’s easy, distribute flyers/send emails, offer a collection bin on your porch/office, and promote the collection times. If you are interested in hosting a drive, please sign-up in the November 30th slot for a neighborhood campaign.
Suggested Items to Collect:
- Instant Potatoes
- Boxed Desserts
- Instant Stuffing
- Canned Cranberries / Applesauce
- Canned Vegetables
- Jar Gravy
- Boxed Muffins
- Sweet Potatoes
- Grocery Gift Cards
- Or Any Non-Perishable Food Donation
Join us in providing needing families with a little something special for the holidays. We’ve are collecting wish lists for nearly 850 children, women, veterans, and elderly in the communities we serve, and we need your help to provide a very special holiday for those who need it most in our community. Any level of donation is appreciated. By sharing just a bit of our abundance, we will provide priceless hope and compassion to those most needing it in our community.
This link provides a selection of the tags that we will cover this holiday season. Tags have been distributed to a multitude of organizations and groups. We will continually add to this selection as needed.
Details for Participating:
- The gift value is entirely up to you, but as a frame of reference, most gifts range from $40 to $50.
- All gifts need to be returned by December 4th via one of the options provided below
- Please return gifts UNWRAPPED with a tag attached that matches the information provided on the virtual sign-up
- You may opt to provide a financial donation that will go towards any angel tree tag that is not claimed or returned.
Ways to RETURN Gifts:
- Option 1: Direct ship gift to 123 Seaton Crest Drive, Mars, PA 16046. All shipments must arrive by December 4. If selecting this option, please email info@inspiredheartsandhands with Vendor, Order Number, and Tag Information. This is the only way to connect shipments with tags.
- Option 2: Deliver UNWRAPPED gifts with tags attached to Inspired Hearts and Hands Distribution Center (5475 William Flynn Highway, Suite 201, Gibsonia, PA 15044) on Friday, December 4 between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m.
- Option 3: Email email@example.com and arrange for pickup.